Pieced or applique? We invite you and your customers to discover how to create the look of applique using the color-coded Wonder Curve Ruler™ and simple piecing. The simple ruler-guided technique developed by Sew Kind of Wonderful lets your customers quilt along creating four quadrants of the Floral Felicity Quilt. The results are totally up to the maker; one beautiful sampler quilt or four mini quilts, each showcasing the vintage focus prints and moody low volume fabrics of FreeSpirit Cottage Cloth by Sew Kind of Wonderful.
- Pattern – Floral Felicity
- Designed by Helen Robinson and Jenny Pedigo of Sew Kind of Wonderful
- Finished Size: 96” x 101” (2.43m x 2.56m)
- Quilt Along Total Yardage: 21 ½ yards (19.66m)
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Technique: Easy Curved Piecing with the Wonder Curve Ruler™ by Sew Kind of Wonderful
- Program requires additional purchase of the Wonder Curve Ruler™ by Sew Kind of Wonderful
- Program runs July 2023 – June 2024
- The Floral Felicity sampler quilt is composed of 4 “mini” quilts.
- The Quilt Along program includes all the fabric required to make the sampler quilt top or the 4 “mini” quilts, makers choice.
- A “mini” quilt only option is not available.
- The quilt is made with the Wonder Curve Ruler™ from Sew Kind of Wonderful. The ruler is REQUIRED to create this beautiful quilt and comes with the Wonder Flutter blocks pattern, perfect for learning how to use the Wonder Curve Ruler™ in advance – perhaps in a pre-QAL class.
- The Wonder Curve Ruler™ makes curve piecing easy. No pinning. No centering. No snipping. Just cut, sew and square-up.
- To view how to use the Wonder Curve Ruler™, click here.
- Click here for a list of distributors that sell Sew Kind of Wonderful rulers and patterns or contact https://sewkindofwonderful.com/pages/shop-owners.
Shop Owner Details
- 12-month program features Cottage Cloth by Sew Kind of Wonderful.
- The program runs from July 2023 – June 2024
- This is a cut program featuring all fabric for quilt top and binding.
- The complete program features 18 different fabrics totaling 21 1/2 yards.
- The program is managed by FreeSpirit Fabrics and will ship in June 2023 with the complete pattern, cutting diagrams and the Sew Square 4” Ruler™ from Sew Kind of Wonderful.
- The Sew Square 4” RulerTM is a gift from Sew Kind of Wonderful for QAL participants.
- The pattern is included in the cost of each installment. Your shop does not have to purchase the pattern separately.
- The Wonder Curve RulerTM by Sew Kind of Wonderful is required for making the Floral Felicity Quilt, thus required for all QAL participants. The Ruler is available from your favorite distributor or you can order the ruler directly from Sew Kind of Wonderful.
- Sew Kind of Wonderful will also be selling additional patterns for purchase and delivery to shops in June 2023.
- The program must be purchased in increments of 5, no exceptions, even if the shop does not sign-up participants in increments of 5 or even if people drop out prior to the second and third shipments.
The program delivers in 3 installments.
JUNE 2023 -QALSKW.FLORAL1
- Floral Felicity Quilt pattern and cutting diagrams.
- Added value Sew Square 4” Ruler™ from Sew Kind of Wonderful included. Retail value 13.00 US/16.75 CAD.
- 18 SKUs and 18 different cuts total 7 1/8 yards for months 1-4, packaged for each customer complete with pattern and ruler.
OCTOBER 2023 – QALSKW.FLORAL2
- 7 SKUs and 17 different cuts total 6 1/4 yards for months 5-8, packaged for each customer.
FEBRUARY 2024 – QALSKW.FLORAL3
- 8 SKUs and 18 different cuts total 8 1/8 yards for months 9-12 including binding, packaged for each customer.
Program Fine Print
- The program must be taken in three installments. FreeSpirit will not deliver the program all at once.
- To qualify for Free Freight, each monthly installment must meet the threshold of 30 units. Even if, over the entire life of the program, shipment meets the Free Freight requirement, it is based on monthly shipping.
- If you want to cut the fabric in your shop, Sew Kind of Wonderful will provide fabric requirements, kit cutting specifics and Floral Felicity patterns for shops in June 2023.
- The Floral Felicity pattern is available to purchase from your favorite distributor or Sew Kind of Wonderful. Distribution of patterns ordered outside the QAL program will ship in June 2023.
- Bolts of Cottage Cloth by Sew Kind of Wonderful will ship to retailers in April.
- The first installment of the Floral Felicity QAL will not ship to shops until June.
- Please remember the Floral Felicity Pattern is copyrighted work. No part of the quilt pattern may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission of the copyright holders.
- FreeSpirit offers marketing assets including newsletter and social media copy for the retailers to use in pre-selling the QAL -- click here.
- Exclusive Facebook group for makers to ask questions and share tips, tricks, photos and progress with group. This will occur in May and will be live through the program.
- In this group we will post monthly videos from Sew Kind of Wonderful including a QAL introduction from Jenny and Helen.
- Program includes monthly videos featuring Jenny and Helen from Sew Kind of Wonderful to guide makers and retailers along the way.
- Images for pre-promoting are available now in our Digital Asset Platform, Canto, including photography. This includes images of the quilt as well as images of the swag.
- If you currently do not have access to Canto, please visit the Canto homepage here, and click "Access Request."
- We will create an exclusive retailer listing only for retailers who purchase the three installments of the QAL kits. This will be listed on our Website after the cut-off date to ensure we are do not miss retailers.
- We will also be forming a closed Facebook group for Floral Felicity QAL participants and retailers.
- Kind of Wonderful will also be sharing on her own social media.